Masking Tape Shoes–DC

Title: DC
Materials: Masking Tape
Dimensions: 5 1/2" x 10 3/4"

Process photos

My patterns for the bottom of the shoes was measured and then done free hand for the first shoe, but on the second I found it much quicker and more accurate to cut on the shoe itself.


Most of my shapes i got from some type of graphite rubbing on either paper, or strips of tape.


The hole punch worked well for making the holes for the laces until it was dulled(?), so I just started cutting out the imprints, and free handing a second circle around them to form those rivets.


The sharp side of my scoring bone became surprisingly useful for making most of the marks I'd need that weren't actual cuts.


Finally near the end of the process I had some overhang on the bottoms of my shoes, so I took a few different grits of sandpaper to clean it up.




The Final Product

Comments

Popular Posts